Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Welcome to Finland, Ms Summertime

Here she is. After safe journey she arrived in Helsinki around 11am and we were there to welcome her to her new home. Straight to winter storage she goes, in order to dry enough before freezing nights.

Is it just me, or does the mahogany look pretty good in the setting sun?


Although I designed and we built the support blocks based on photographs alone, they turned out to be just the right size.


Teemu washed the bottom and I started assembling the NOA A-frames. In the meantime, I admired her sides.


Every now and then Teemu asked me: "Isn't she an ok boat?". I had not seen her before. Teemu visited Jesper and they test drove her in Sweden and I had seen some photographs and a couple of videos. I'm pleased: she's not ok, she's perfect :-)


Then we assembled the A-frames and the deck supports. We also hoisted the tarpaulin on top the frame and attached in a hurry. Need to go back and fasten the tarpaulin better before autumn storms kick in...


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a beautiful one indeed and I'm sure she'll be a handful for you guys as your first boat :) Glad we could help with the tranport and good luck! Best regards, Alexander Pajanen / AG Marine

    ReplyDelete