Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Just in Time!

Hooray! We managed to start the engine and run the anti-freeze substance to the cooling system. The actual procedure took only about 3 minutes but as always with us in charge, it took 4 hours with the preparations and our usual trial and error approach :P

I was ready to quit after 3 hours but Teemu kept our spirits up (pun intended) and with his brilliant suggestions everything worked out beautifully in the end.

Here's Teemu with the green stuff:


The night was eerie and I began to wonder whether having a boat actually means you get to sail it some day. So far my experiences with having a wooden boat have been: lots of carrying of stuff around, multiple visits to multiple shops with strange shopping list in one's pocket and a considerable amount of less money on the way back, long nights without food.


Anyhow, I'm very happy we were able to start the engine ourselves and prepare it for the winter. And not a second too late, as this was what I saw on my way to work this morning:

No comments:

Post a Comment