Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2010

We're within limits - barely

Visited Summertime on a cold and windy night. I expected to see a disaster of some scale but luckily everything was still in place. I guess the fact that we use springy ropes to attach the tarpaulin and that the tarpaulin is not anchored firmly to the ground has managed to create a flexible enough construction to withstand strong winds.

The wind was really blowing, the tarpaulin was making huge waves and the A-frame made squeaky sounds but did not budge:


There was even more snow on the deck so we need to find a way to keep the snow out but let the wind blow through:


The night was not completely without tragedy. I saw several torn tarpaulins, wildly swinging weights and this poor individual with wooden plank banging on her sides in heavy gusts:


If only I had my proper camera with me, I would have taken a couple a knock-out shots with the wind, snow, night-time and massive boats as my models...



No comments:

Post a Comment